All applications are due by May 31, 2019.
Frequently asked questions:
This scholarship fund has been established in memory of Judge F. Frederick Kennedy, Jr. by his wife, Mrs. Evelyn M. Kennedy in the form of a gift to First Baptist Church. First Baptist Church determined that 5% of the Kennedy funds should be made available each year to applicants for the education of Christian students. Click here to Download Kennedy Scholarship application. http://fbcaugusta.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/FBC-Kennedy-Scholarship-Application-Packet.pdf
Requirements for Application:
- Must be a member of FBC who has actively participated in church programs.
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA or have a 3.0 GPA graduating from high school.
- Must be accepted into an accredited college/university or other institute of higher learning and must be enrolled in a degree granting program.
- Must be a full-time student.
- Applicant must be HOPE Scholarship eligible except for the GA residency requirement.
- Application must be completed and submitted to the committee by May 31, 2019, including reference form, schedule, essay, and official transcript. To be considered an official transcript must be in the original, sealed envelope or an e-transcript must be emailed from the school to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The committee may require a personal interview.
- The committee reserves the right to review any unusual applications for scholarship funds.
- The committee reserves the right to grant funds to deserving individuals or groups who do not meet the specific requirements list above.
Questions may be addressed to Kelly Rose.